The History of Harvey
After being honorably discharged in 1863, W.T. Harvey, a twenty year old soldier, came home to Georgia and found a way to support his community by sawing timber for the railroad construction. This was the beginning of what was then called W.T. Harvey Lumber Company. The company quickly became a fixture within the community earning a reputation for reliability and service.
Over the next 150 years, Harvey has grown and evolved in many ways--expanding our product selection and services to fit the changing needs of the communities we serve. Through it all, we have been proud to be regarded as one of the leading lumber and building supply companies in the Chattahoochee Valley area.
Today, Harvey proudly carries on its tradition of reliable service and quality products to homeowners, do-it-yourselfers, and builders of all types.